Sunday, July 02, 2006

baseball glove : Community thanked in baseball glove collection

I'd like to thank the community of Sharon for donating baseball gloves to "Mitts Across the Miles."

I collected 330 gloves which will be donated to the town of El Mamon in the Dominican Republic. The gloves will be mailed out this week and will be distributed through the Lindos Suenos program this July.

A special thanks to Ellen Bender, Bob Sondheim, SYBSA and Eric Wolff, Lou Steinberg, and Sue Melaugh for helping me organize the drive and collect the gloves.

Thanks also to RBI baseball academy in Foxboro which displayed collection boxes. Many gloves were donated through RBI academy.

Most donations were a single glove or two, which demonstrates how many people took the time and effort to make a contribution. I especially appreciated finding gloves at my front door from anonymous donors. I know the kids in the Dominican Republic will be very grateful to the people in Sharon for their generosity.

Matthew Tung

Sharon resident

No comments: