Saturday, July 29, 2006

baseball glove : baseball gloves for repair

In the mid 1970s, while I was still a sandalmaker, people began bringing their baseball gloves into my shop for repair. Since then I have repaired and reconditioned thousands of gloves, at my shop and at baseball and softball tournaments throughout northern California and Nevada. My customers range from children to old-timers, and they all enjoy the game of baseball/softball and have a favorite glove that they love enough to want to repair.

I've had the opportunity to talk to glove manufacturers, players, leather suppliers, and other glove repairers. I've learned a lot, about gloves and about people.

Here are some of the things I've learned.

Fran Fleet
The Sandalady / Glove Repair
Cotati, California
www.sandalady.com

No comments: